Facebook has become a part of our everyday life. No I am not referring to mindlessly looking at photos of your college roommate’s new puppy nor your mom’s latest rant about last week’s episode of Dancing with the Stars. I’m talking about how Facebook can be an important (and FREE) tool for your business! It can boost awareness, communication, and most importantly, profit for your business. How? Well first things first. STOP LIKING BABY PHOTOS and create your company’s own page.
1. Create a Business Facebook page.Pages are organized by categories, pick the one that is closest to your business. You’ll create this very similarly to how you created your personal page.
2. Post “likeable” information.Photos, quotes, coupons! The options are endless, just post something that your followers will want to see.
3. Put your employees to work!Sorry to break it to you, but chances are your employees are looking at Facebook at some point during their work day. Put them to use promoting your company via Facebook. It can be as simple as “Another great day at Usable Creative!” or something as unique what Dr. Gina Liggio Maestri DDS is doing with her company’s Facebook.
Dr. Maestri has a blog where she writes 5 post per month. This month, Dr. Maestri is featuring each of her employees in a blog series titled, Meet The Team! Each week, Dr. Maestri will post a new blog highlighting members of her team, one week its Meet the Hygienists, next week its Meet the Dental Assistants and so on.
When the blogs are published, Dr. Maestri posts the blogs to Dr. Gina Liggio Maestri DDS Family Dentist’s Facebook page. She then asks her employees to share the posts on their personal Facebook pages. This expands the reach of the post. Just to show you how powerful this tool can be, here’s an example.
- Dr. Maestri posts “Meet the Hygienists” = the post gets 560 views.
- Amber and Amy (the hygienists) “Share” the post on their own wall = the post gets 500 more views, totaling over 1,000 views!