Here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind when creating, developing or updating your website domain.
5 reasons your domain name matters
1. A solid domain helps to market your business. You can further your brand identity while informing consumers about your products and services.
2. Having a domain builds credibility. Consumers take companies seriously when they have a great website with a memorable domain. You can also use the domain name to create email addresses for all employees.
3. A good domain name is memorable, making it easy for people to find you online.
4. SEO. A great domain name that features your industry’s keywords will help your search engine ranking, placing your site further up on Google’s list.
5. Competitive Advantage. You can purchase several domains that all point to one IP address, increasing the chance of consumers landing on your site. Just starting out? Better snatch up that domain before someone else does!
5 tips for creating a domain1. Your domain name should reflect your business.
2. The domain should be unique, concise and memorable.
3. You should only use letters in your domain name, numbers and hyphens are off limits.
4. Splurge for a good one.
5. Keep it updated! Now that you’ve got the domain, do it justice by updating your website and renewing the contract to ensure you keep the domain address.